Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Home Office layout
duygusc
February 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hello,
Its been quite longtime i was trying to set a better look for this space. The brown sofa on the left is going away and instead a yellow arm chair will come, as shown in the picture,i also need to get an office chair but cant decide whether an aluminum mix or wood...i can also change the set up..how should i place the furniture? What to buy to combine the look? Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Could we also see the entire wall where the table is located?
February 26, 2013 at 12:07pm   
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Here are a few suggestions. I don't get the idea of the yellow chair..it goes with nothing in this room. I would purchase an armoire desk something like this http://computer-desks.officefurniture.com/Edge-Water-Computer-Armoire-SAU-412265.aspx?afid=pla&CAWELAID=1701445218&catargetid=1706481197&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CPLi8bDs1LUCFQvpnAodi1QA0w I would place that unit in the niche area where the TV is now. Purchase a nice office chair that you could also pull into the living room area. Move the TV to the wall where the loveseat is located. The pictures on that wall could be separated and have 2 on each side of the TV. Leave the sofa where it is. Move the loveseat (or use the brown leather sofa) to the middle of the room off the end of the rug end nearest the old office area, facing the TV. Place the dining table under the chandelier if possible on another patterned rug. I love the large black & white picture..under it purchase a console or credenza.. a solid piece with storage. Maybe 2 chairs separated by a table & lamp, into the corner between (and in front of) the windows. The area in front of the opening in the wall could be left empty, just add some art to the wall and/or have a couple bar stools.
February 26, 2013 at 1:01pm     
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Just try moving some things around to see if it would work for you.
February 26, 2013 at 1:18pm