Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What color for the sun room?
Tracy Schwartz
February 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Here is my sunroom and my adjoining rooms. I'm getting ready to paint in a couple of weeks, and I'm stumped. I thought I had a color, but then I found the fabric for my curtains (which are being finished now - they won't look like that forever... and they'll be hung higher), and the color I had picked is out the window. Can you make suggestions for me?

The adjoining rooms, if you can't tell from the pictures, are medium tan, and kind of orange juice yellow. It's not quite a saturated as in this picture - the lighting is funky - but it's definitely bold. (That room is a work in progress...)

One day, this room will be full of built-ins and window seats for my own little book nook. But that day is years off probably, so we're making do. :)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
What is the fabric for the new curtains like?
February 26, 2013 at 5:31pm   
lionnessone
What colour are your news drapes? Can you post a picture of the fabric?
February 26, 2013 at 5:34pm   
anne dee
with regards to paint color, as a designer posted in another thread, this is the last element of design to choose. Furniture/rugs/curtains then wall color to coordinate. My point being don't paint yet until all the other elements are in place. IMO
February 26, 2013 at 5:36pm   
Tracy Schwartz
It's got a brown floral print on a green background. Here's a (slightly) better picture of them.
February 26, 2013 at 5:37pm   
Tracy Schwartz
Great suggestion Anne. I think that with the drapes and pillows I currently have (finished pillows not shown in the picture, but you can see the fabrics), we're finished for the time being. Again, until we turn it into a book nook in a few years. But for now, I think we're at the last step.
February 26, 2013 at 5:41pm   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I think an apple green would look good. It is a yellow based green and the yellow you have now looks OK. I can't tell what color green is in your sofa. So this is a best guess scenario.
February 26, 2013 at 5:42pm     
Tracy Schwartz
Ithink I've officially decided to repaint the kitchen. I've been trying to make myself love it. Going little lighter and more buttery than mustardy. Does that change any recommendations?
February 27, 2013 at 9:22am