Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What to hang on this wall?
allachka3
February 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This large gray wall (1st picture) is part of our living room but also part of a hallway thar runs through the main part of our house. I'm totally stumped about what to hang on that wall. I feel like it's begging for something but I don't know what.

I don't want it to be a painting because it's a large wall and would require something massive to have an impact. And the adjoining wall already has a collage of art so that's out. Also I'm not into the idea of photos of us on canvas. Just not my style. So I'm stumped. What would you put on that wall?

Another wall in the room has very colorful canvases, (3rd picture - it looks more proportional to the wall and couches in real life). There is also a large sunburst mirror over the mantel in the living room, (not pictured).
Any ideas bees?

(and PLEASE pardon the mess. Our puppy just ran a muck in the room)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clstarr4
I would look for a triptic.
February 26, 2013 at 9:20PM   
sierra251
Hi, I really like the art work you have up so far, but don't think it's doing much. The "collage" you have on the TV wall is more like the start of a collage. I suggest moving those over to your dilemma wall, and add some black and white photo pieces in with them to creat a fuller collage effect. Also, your two abstracts over your sofa are too high. Bring those down and centre them over the couch.
February 26, 2013 at 9:27PM   
PRO
California Fence Company
What about a nice wall clock. You get these big stylish ones. If you dont have any on the other walls, you can invest in an artistic piece which can be a good decor item as well as a clock. Think about it. You may find something good. Good luck. Let me know what you ultimately did.
February 26, 2013 at 9:33PM   
PRO
Winward Designs
Getting your family members together for some great black and white pictures, individual and as a group, and creating a picture wall with frames that are either all the same or all different. Same color and style frames in 3 different sizes or same color different style frames in different sizes. Black would look great.
February 26, 2013 at 11:25PM   
PRO
Andrea Prasch
I would do a thin console table with a mirror above it :)
February 26, 2013 at 11:28PM   
PRO
Angelina Vick
It looks like a good place for a thin table and a mirror set.
http://www.amazon.com/Fetco-Home-D%C3%A9cor-5-Piece-Sunburst/dp/B009RF2IJ0/ref=sr_il_1_14?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1361950600&sr=1-14&keywords=mirror+set

I also think you could put a bookshelf there...some decorative books with nice binding, with classy bookends and random glass that would bring some color to the room.
February 26, 2013 at 11:38PM   
PRO
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Being that it is a hallway - I'd go for one large item that you love.
Either a big wood piece (thin) or a gorgeous sculptural mirror.
36" diameter to 48" - check your wall space - make sure it will fit.

Make it big - make it a statement, keep it neutral to just add texture.
This may be an investment piece that can transition with you as your tastes change. Good luck!
February 26, 2013 at 11:44PM     
PRO
It's a Beautiful World!
I like Marie's idea. Any large and thin wall sculpture or a group of smaller pieces should work, with interesting shapes or curves, in earth colors, perhaps, in dark green if the green rug stays. Best of luck!.. Raisa
February 27, 2013 at 12:06AM   
More Discussions
Kitchen back splash help please!
I'm having a very hard time choosing a back splash-...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Curtains curling on sides
Can anyone tell me please how to keep these curtains...
Will a corner pantry work for this floor plan?
I am thinking of moving the pantry to the corner and...
New bathroom - what would you do
hello, ready to start bathroom but I am at a loss...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.