Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Wall tile in full bath
scogan
February 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I currently have 4x4 off-white matte finish wall tiles in my full bath. It's on the 3 walls above the tub and on all the other walls in the bathroom as wainscoting. I really like the tile because of it's flexibility for decorating. Unfortunately, the grout on 2 of the walls above the tub and the wall board behind it is in bad shape and needs to be replaced. I would just replace it with the same tile, but I can't find a match anywhere (it's probably 20 years old). Is there a way to design the new tile around the tub, so that I can keep the current wainscoting and have the room look cohesive and not like a hodge podge?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
mictros
For maximum cohesion? Go with tiles the same color as your paint. You could interchange design tiles in something you like to make it look custom. You'd be surprised what some patterned tiles in a design you like can do to personalize your space. A few pricy tiles instead of all pricy tiles surrounded by the wall color tiles. Tastes run from dragonfly to butterfly to sunflower. Find one that says YOU.
February 27, 2013 at 8:12am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
mictros
Here are some examples. You are limited only by budget and imagination. If you like it, that's all that matters.
February 28, 2013 at 4:26am   
More Discussions
Is the mirror above the couch too low?
Followed the 6" rule and placed this mirror accordingly....
Need a change!
I'd like to update/change my kitchen. Everything in...
what goes with a teal couch??
I have this light teal couch and love seat and have...
Really struggling with this small dining room!
I am starting a new thread with updated pictures for...
Finishing up the master
I posted my bedroom awhile ago to get some help with...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.