Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help with Colors
latoya_mcfadden
February 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am in the process of trying to determine furniture color for dining room. Love the table but my carpet is cream and my walls are cream. Ideas on how to darken room besides curtains. How do I introduce colors to this so the room is not so neutral?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Barnhart Gallery
Hi Latoya -- I like your selections so far, and there's nothing wrong with lots of lighter neutrals as a backdrop for something more dramatic. What else do you have that you want to work into this room? Is there a piece of art or a set of dishes that you love and that color inspiration for other accents can come from, or is this a true clean slate?
February 27, 2013 at 4:29pm   
latoya_mcfadden
Clean slate. Bringing in some brown curtains, i have two lovely goldish and silverish colors. A chandelier and some natural wood chargers for the table so far. Introducing a powder blue color, yellow, and grey rug. I wanted a wall color though.
February 27, 2013 at 4:34pm   
PRO
Barnhart Gallery
Funny -- did you happen to see the thread just a little while ago when I suggested the homeowner go with pretty much that color palate? http://www.houzz.com/discussions/371671/Living-Family-Room-Photos
Look for my post about those colors and see what you think. Adding a blue would be nice. What does your chandelier look like?
February 27, 2013 at 4:53pm     
nwars494
if you have all neutral furnishings and are looking to add color or deeper tones and contrast then the walls are a great place for that (paint, artwork Etc) you could even bring your color in on your table top accessories. all depends how much depth and contrast you are looking to have!
February 27, 2013 at 5:07pm     
PRO
Toro-Lombardo Design Build
Take a look at what we did with that same furniture
February 27, 2013 at 5:24pm     
Helen Nannas
I love that dining room set. Where is it from ? Do they ship to Canada?
February 28, 2013 at 4:13am   
PRO
A Crew of Two
Anchoring the table with an area rug is a good starting place. But you do not mention what colors you are drawn towards. You could do a chandelier with color to it. Without knowing your style though it is hard to be more specific. These are ideas on how to create warmth and texture. Jupiter Scrap Light Yoshi Grasscloth Lake by F Schumacher Anew Twist/Caviar Fabric Amelie Mirrored Console
February 28, 2013 at 4:58am     
latoya_mcfadden
Dining room set is from Z Gallerie. Its gorgeous. Haven't purchased yet but i have a tendency to stick to neutral colors.
February 28, 2013 at 3:32pm   
More Discussions
How to blackout this window/Terrace
Please excuse the mess! We need blackout in this room...
Combination foldable window & door system
We are planning a remodel and are considering a combination...
Is it possible to get a four piece bathroom in this space?
Hi, at the moment we have a situation where we want...
Yellow/gray/blue pattern porcelain kitchen floor tile
Re designing my kitchen and want to incorporate yellow/blue,...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.