Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Paint color for front door
hairsmarie
February 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want to paint my front door. I am thinking of painting the door a rich deep brown to tie in with my brown roof and light colored brick. Any suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Tile-Stones
Deep red or moss/forest green would be lovely and still match with your brown roof and brick. Burgundy would be nice too.
1 Like   February 27, 2013 at 3:20PM
curacaoblue
I think that a brown to match the roof would look great because it would be accented by the white trim that you have around the door much like the windows are now.
2 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 3:21PM
tennisanyone
I think the brown would be nice.
1 Like   February 27, 2013 at 3:39PM
PRO
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
If you plan on leaving all the trim white, then maybe you should leave the door white, it seems to work fine.
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 3:51PM
PRO
Dytecture
I am just going to throw this out there and call for a yellow front door to add some excitement to the facade.
2 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 3:58PM
PRO
Jane Antonacci Interior Design
A shiny black would be classic and go with the roof. I usually do a black green, which is black with just a tiny bit of green thrown in. But if you are ready for more , a Medium blue or Burgandy Red can be striking and fun
1 Like   February 27, 2013 at 4:03PM
PRO
Richard Rizzo Art and Design
I would go with a dark burgundy red, I think adding some color to the entry would give it a much more interesting impression.

-Richard
1 Like   February 27, 2013 at 4:10PM
kurfurst
Benjamin Moore -Silhouette (AF-655).
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 4:10PM
tennisanyone
Dytecture painted just the door. Are you doing the whole thing. I hope so even the side panels or maybe that is another question.
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 4:17PM
tennisanyone
I think painting just the door makes the entrance look smaller.
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 4:37PM
amandab1
Amanda from England , i love your property, however i think you should remove the brushes under the two bay windows and if you really have to paint the door , id paint it a a steely grey green , by a company called fallow & ball , they have lovely classic colours, im sure you have them in the states, id also spend some money on lovely chrome plain shiny door fittings, once you find these lovely paint colours im sure when you have done your door you will paint all your white external work work in the same colour, it would look lovely with your stone work,
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 4:41PM
charnarose
I would paint your door black. I would also paint your wrought iron railings to match in Black Satin. I would also install a wrought iron false balcony over the front door and paint the railings black to match the other railing. It will make the front pop. Right now it's a very flat ( the front of the house) doing all this will pop the front out.
2 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 5:32PM
charnarose
Also I wrought iron flower box on the garage window that should liven up the front a bit more.
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 5:37PM
charnarose
Keep the house plain in color because of the brick it looks busy to me. Lots of flowering bushes and vines and flowers in the flower boxes.
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 5:50PM
tennisanyone
I would also agree with amandab1 to get rid of the little trees under the front windows. Do you have a railing by the front door?
1 Like   February 27, 2013 at 5:59PM
hairsmarie
I would also paint the side panels brown.
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 6:39PM
hairsmarie
Is it possible for dytexture to put a brown door with panels so I can se how it looks first?
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 6:42PM
amandab1
yes id defo do what charnarose said re railings , but i defo would look at the classic Fallow Ball colours i personally think black will be to much but

Door painted in Lichen No.19 Exterior Eggshell. Fallow & Ball
would look fabulous, im having the same problem with my house in uk but mine is really ugly i shall put my property on for advise soon , as some people have great ideas and really start you to think about it , id love to see what you do, this range of paint is so popular in the uk its been taken from paints from our old mainsions and castles and the colours are fabulous, take a look ,

Ps i d defo paint whole of front door and sides, maybe do front door a shade darler then railings as you really what that as a feature ,

I love looking at this site , wish it was in England, let us know what you do, Amanda
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 1:09AM
senab
Moss green or Burnt Orange.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 1:50AM
hairsmarie
We painted the door and side panels brown. My Husband now wants to paint the frame brown around the door but leave the top white. Good idea?
0 Likes   April 23, 2013 at 7:21AM
hairsmarie
Top, meaning ceiling :)
0 Likes   April 23, 2013 at 7:26AM
tennisanyone
I would paint the side and top but not the ceiling. You can do that later if you decide. The brown door looks great. I would get a new door matt and remove the bunny statue. House looks too elegant for that statue.
0 Likes   April 23, 2013 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
Choosing Bathroom Tile!
I need your advice on choosing tile for our Master...
Choosing Bathroom Tile!
Choosing new flooring to match Cherry Parquet
We will be increasing the size of our current Apartment...
Choosing Bathroom Tile!
How do I make this bed work?
I bought this bed a month ago because I though the...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.