Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with living room
jencool55
February 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment and we are trying to figure out colors for our living room. The area is small and we just added a love seat. The curtains are too short so we are going to get new ones. Any suggestions on the color for those, pillows and an idea for above the couch? We want to tie all of the colors together in a cool way. Any feedback would be awesome! Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
haley__
Definantly go with color... It will make the room seem fun and open
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 6:34PM
mjlb
I assume that you're not allowed to paint? You probably could replace the ceiling fan with a more streamlined version, or with a chandelier. The crown molding is a nice touch. It's pretty hard to see the colors. If you could post another picture taken in daylight, it would be helpful. Do you have any color elsewhere that you would like to tie into?
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 6:45PM
jencool55
Actually we are allowed to paint and I was thinking about an accent wall behind the couch but I'm still not sure what color would look best. I like the idea of a charcoal with a bright painting behind the couch. But I will post a better picture in the daylight as well.
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 6:50PM
PRO
Cheery Curtains
What about these curtains? I've choose some curtains that are at relatively low prices considering that high end curtains may not that economical for you. They are very much stylish. Hope they will give you some inspirations.

Mouse over the image for a better view. Please feel free to contact me if any questions.:)

Nophie
Cheery Curtains
Email: nophie@cheerycurtains.com
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 3:48AM
olldroo
Your room looks to be very neutral so colour choice would be up to your liking and would also depend on whether you wanted to achieve a cool or a warm cosy look. Decide on some artwork for the wall behind your lounge or a collection of photos and artwork and take colours from that

[houzz=Dining Room]

[houzz=Lux Relaxed]

[houzz=RP Model]

[houzz=Nina van de Goor's Home]
3 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 4:11AM
jencool55
Nophie, I really love those green curtains, I may go with those..thanks so much for the tip! We definitely need some color since the room is pretty dark right now.

olldro, I actually added that RP model to my ideabook yesterday, I really want to go with something like that and then tie the pillows and curtains into whatever color we choose from the painting. Thanks!
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 6:03AM
PRO
Cheery Curtains
I'm very glad that you like the curtains. Please feel free to contact me at nophie@cheerycurtains.com if any questions. I would always be glad if I can help you with interior decoration. :)

Nophie
Cheery Curtains
Email: nophie@cheerycurtains.com
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 8:10AM
olldroo
Jen - great minds think alike!!! I do love the clean look of it and you could still add extra colours like a green or a blue if you felt it needed extra pop. I have seen similar curtains in quite a few photos too so it looks like they are a type of pattern that is easy to get. I like that it is a pattern but isn't 'in your face'. Definitely have the curtains kiss the floor. There is quite a lot in that room, I like the idea of the taller lamp in the corner too.
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 6:46PM
mollykahn
Center the love seat under the window and don't worry about the curtains or their length. Put floor pillows on the floor in wild patterns that also go on the couch and love seat. You probably don't need much else.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:08PM
PRO
JUL313 Gallery
You need some artwork. That would really bring out the room. I have just completed some that would look awesome!!! I also do commission work. Contact me at julie@jul313.com or visit my website at www.jul313.com. Good Luck to you.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:10PM
mollykahn
Me again...I would use citron and yellow or orange-red and not any white. Go bright and fun.
2 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:12PM
Sharon
Maybe a steely blue, patterned curtains for interest. Then you could add layers with grays & silvers & chrome.
1 Like   March 1, 2013 at 12:23AM