Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for kitchen and living room
lisiana
February 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want to change my living room and kitchen.I want to make it more sweet.
What do you suggest? Thank you
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
I don't understand how you're using the term "sweet." Right now things look pretty contemporary and sleek. Are you looking for something girly, country; or something in the "hot-sweet" category?
3 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 10:32AM
PRO
Eagledzines
Your ideabook is wonderful and shows sophistication in style and doesn't come across to me as sweet but I would use the word 'warm'. With the right changes in wall coverings, drapery, wall hangings, accessories and furniture or furniture coverings you could warm things up. What of these things could you change?
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 11:49AM
lisiana
Thank you, Maybe the right word is warm, I want to change the colour of the walls, I like a brightly warm colour or design for walls.What do you think or suggest?
I attach now the sleeping room which is very small but I have made the design of it to give more space as it can. But I want to change somthing there, what do I have to change, I want to know your oppinion?
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 6:54PM
lisiana
bedroom
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:01PM
lisiana
bedroomm
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:03PM
mainstreetschool
I see bluish grey in the left side of art on the wall, and looks like the same hue in the dots on the furniture. Paint the rest of this wall in this hue. Slipcover some of the cushions in orange to match the drapes and the orange in the art. Bring these accent colors into the kitchen. The light sofa is too bland with the drapes. Punch it up a little.
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 7:16PM
PRO
Eagledzines
It is very small. There are busy patterns in the drapery and comforter and another pattern in the rug. This makes it feel smaller, as does the two different colors of cabinetry.

Using textures instead of patterns would help. The picture in your ideabook by Bravo Interior Design is great example of blending colors and textures. The colors of gray and taupe blend well together. The only patterns are the drapes and the throw pillows. Notice the different textures on the bed: The smooth gray blanket and the quilted comforter and the soft edging around the pillows. Also the taupes are different shades of the same color as are the grays.

A more feminine touch to this is the chandelier, the orchid and the comforter with borders on a very earthy peach.

So, to apply this to your room and at the same time make it feel larger I would suggest, painting the cabinets, furniture and the walls all the same color but go for different shades on different elements of the room. Also, I would downplay the hardware by getting something significantly smaller.

Get a solid but textured duvet cover for the bed and keep the drapes but put a layer of white drapes underneath them to bring out the pattern. Get solid color throw pillows for the bed that have a different texture than the duvet cover; Also a throw for the bottom of the bed that nearly matches the color of the pillows. Try to find yet another texture for the throw.

Remove the rug or get a solid color one.

As far as color, I don’t think the room can handle anything too bright because of the size of the room. I would stay with muted colors for the majority of the room but pick up brighter more feminine colors in the accents (but not too bright) such as the pillows and the throw. Make the pillows both the same color and go for colors that have undertones of red, orange, yellow, or purple. An interior designer in your area can help you pick out the exact colors and shades that will go well together and after seeing your environment offer you more specific advice and different ideas altogether.
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 7:51PM
lisiana
thank you I think this is neccessary to do .
0 Likes   March 1, 2013 at 12:23AM
PRO
Eagledzines
Your welcome. Best wishes.
0 Likes   March 1, 2013 at 6:13AM