powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
My townhouse kitchen was "remuddled" for market and I lived with it long enough!
millede52
February 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This kitchen is large (13' X13') has great light and cheap cabinets with a bad work flow. I am figuring out how to make it sing by knocking down the wall to the dining room, adding an island and getting new cabinets/counter tops etc. I need help with the color scheme- I want natural maple cabinets and vinyl flooring but I would also like to bring in greens and yellows. The images are of the kitchen as it is now. The final picture shows in the colors I would like to bring in. How do I do this without making it look like a raid on a flea market?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elklaker
Are those hardwood floors in the kitchen? If so, why would you use vinyl?
I like the colors you chose. You can certainly work them in very tastefully.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 5:00AM
millede52
We will have to replace the floor due to the wall tear down and the poor installation of the existing hardwood. I have had hardwood in my kitchens before and they scratch terribly so I am looking at vinyl.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 5:02AM
kzt717
I suggest painting a bolder green above cabinets and mellow yellow on the other wall. If the cabinets are going to be maple this is a nice contrast then you can accent in orange or blue. Opening up space to dining room is a great idea. I would keep the floors though. good luck
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 5:08AM
More Discussions
What exterior colour.
Help please.... We are repainting our house and are...
Rustic flooring
Economical rustic flooring
Wood Living Room Floor Lamp
This leggy lovely will let you see your decor in a...
Fireplace
For some reason this brick fireplace was painted white....
Help I'm obsessed with BEIGE
I feel like my living room is too beige and boring....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.