powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
My townhouse kitchen was "remuddled" for market and I lived with it long enough!
millede52
February 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This kitchen is large (13' X13') has great light and cheap cabinets with a bad work flow. I am figuring out how to make it sing by knocking down the wall to the dining room, adding an island and getting new cabinets/counter tops etc. I need help with the color scheme- I want natural maple cabinets and vinyl flooring but I would also like to bring in greens and yellows. The images are of the kitchen as it is now. The final picture shows in the colors I would like to bring in. How do I do this without making it look like a raid on a flea market?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elklaker
Are those hardwood floors in the kitchen? If so, why would you use vinyl?
I like the colors you chose. You can certainly work them in very tastefully.
February 28, 2013 at 5:00AM   
millede52
We will have to replace the floor due to the wall tear down and the poor installation of the existing hardwood. I have had hardwood in my kitchens before and they scratch terribly so I am looking at vinyl.
February 28, 2013 at 5:02AM   
kzt717
I suggest painting a bolder green above cabinets and mellow yellow on the other wall. If the cabinets are going to be maple this is a nice contrast then you can accent in orange or blue. Opening up space to dining room is a great idea. I would keep the floors though. good luck
February 28, 2013 at 5:08AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.