Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Going for a craftman look
jeanigood
February 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Want to get differerent furniture for this room- there is a fireplace on one wall, and TV on wall to the right- seems like a more open path from dining table would be better but not sure what to get- chairs instead of couch? 2 loveseats? Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Have you thought about a sectional that would face the dining room? Just flip the larg chairs to the opposite side of the FP and tuck the smaller one in its place. Unfortunately we can't see all of the room, but I would consider putting the bench on the wall left of the dining entry and getting a more Craftsman-like coffee table.
February 28, 2013 at 10:26am   
anne dee
The room layout for your furniture is very nice.
For furniture color you could choose one of the darker colors in your carpet for a solid color upholstered sofa and chair.
If your sofa /chair is floral I don't believe that pattern fits the Craftsman style.
February 28, 2013 at 10:27am   
PRO
Ironwood Builders
The sofa and love seat in the floral fabric are definitely not in the A&C style. A settle with leather cushion is more period appropriate. Browse Stickley settle on eBay to view real stuff. I've attached a current auction picture for a settle and matching chair. Then look at the Stickley rug collection for an area rug. Or once again, eBay for an Oriental carpet. Many deals there. A blend of Oriental and native American carpets is period appropriate.
February 28, 2013 at 10:38am   
jeanigood
I definitely am over the floral couch and loveseat! I am trying to figure out what size of pieces to choose for the flow of the room - thanks for your input
February 28, 2013 at 10:47am   
jeanigood
How would a sectional work as need to face the TV on other wall? looking for floor plan help before choosing the pieces- so great to get this input!
February 28, 2013 at 10:49am   
anne dee

An inspiration picture from Houzz Ideabooks re the sectional. Any ideas? And the leather seating would be comfy!!
February 28, 2013 at 11:33am     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.