Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen BLUES.....
lkbw
February 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
For now, I am unable to replace my outdated (BLUE) laminate counter tops and am having the MOST difficult time finding paint colors for my walls and cabinets. Very little natural light in our little kitchen, with dark hard wood flooring. Every beige I try pulls yellow, pink, or of course, purple-blue. Tried some grays, but they pull odd color as well, and with the rest of my house chocolate, cinnabar/orange/cream...I can't find a gray that fits the flow. Any help is appreciated!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lkbw
Thanks anyway, everyone! I found some inspiration. Will check back with you all when I'm doing something more fun......
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 1:07PM
PRO
ASVInteriors
How about a cream - You've learned the hard way about the dark side of colours!
If you go for something more neutral like a cream on our cabinets, it may work with the blue instead of against it. Also cream will work with your other colours in the house.
Sometimes the simple solutions do work. I hope this does for your project.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 1:14PM
Amy Stanley
Have you painted the cabinets? Have you tried a blue or are you opposed to the color. I have faded denim walls in my kitchen and while waiting for our granite we used the old blue laminate that was here when we bought the house- it actually didn't look bad with it. White cabinets with a beefier knob in nickel and blue walls would look like a cottage style not sure what your taste is though?
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 1:39PM
More Discussions
Fireplace/mantel help
Can you help me decorate my mantel/fireplace? The only...
Our New Patio.
Hi Everyone! We just purchased this home a few months...
Help with over the bed ideas
Hello all. Please help. I have design dilemma. Could...
Condo decorating advice pls!!!
Just moved into a one bed condo.do these pieces look...
Nursery room
Hi there, I need your advice once again please: My...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.