We are in the middle of a whole house interior remodel, but until now we haven't really given any thought to the exterior (facade). We are adding Craftsman touches to the interior, i.e. doors, trim around doors and windows. You cannot see the garage in this photo, but we have a 2 car detached garage to the left of the house.
We want to make a few minor modifications (nothing too expensive) to the exterior to give it more of a Craftsman feel, but we do not know where to begin.
Some ideas we have:
1. Remove the wood shingles - maybe replace with horizontal or vertical siding
2. Replace round columns with tapered columns - maybe on a brick or white pedestal
3. Possibly replace all brick with rock, but this seems like a lot of work as we would have to replace the front stoop as well as the walkway
4. New paint color - ideally the house would be one darker color with white trim
5. Replace front door with a Craftsman style door
We are feeling a bit overwhelmed right now and not even sure if any of this will look good. Would really appreciate it if anyone has any feedback or suggestions.