Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
ejobb
November 16, 2011 in Design Dilemma
How do we decorate/fill such a large blank wall? Would a photo gallery work? Or is it better to use 1 large piece?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Emily Hurley
Hi Ejobb! How did your room turn out? I'd love to see an update!
November 21, 2012 at 4:09pm   
tennisanyone
Need to see the whole room. I think the position of the couch needs to be
changed plus I would add a rug and curtain side panels but would like to see the whole room.
November 21, 2012 at 4:44pm     
standinginline
What is the purpose of this room? In other words, besides sitting in here and having light at night, what do you like to do here or want to do in here? I'm not being sarcastic, much better to have a well defined purpose before you start "filling up" a space; even walls.
November 21, 2012 at 5:18pm     
ejobb
So I hate to disappoint but the wall is still blank. We did get a rug and are looking for a corner chair but our Christmas tree will go there for now. We haven't done drapes yet either. I'd like the room to be another casual family room which actually gets used compared to the standard formal living room. We used to have the sectional in the other corner but it cuts off the room from the dining room which we don't like when we entertain. My next idea is to paint the large empty wall (and maybe the one opposite it) in a tan color with a textured look. Also I saw a cool idea where my girlfriend hung poster size prints of her family on a large wall which I liked. I would still love suggestions!
November 21, 2012 at 6:10pm   
karibernard
I recommend one large piece. Invest in an original work of art rather something at homegoods. Depending on your budget, you can find great works at art associations or fine art from higher end art galleries.
November 21, 2012 at 6:32pm   
standinginline
If you entertain a lot in here, and really isn't an unwinding and mellowing out sort of room, I would bring in brighter colors. You can bring in bright colors in the pillows, lamps, artwork and maybe a nice bright coffee table with some storage underneath. If your entertaining is casual, mostly close friends and family, maybe find a easy access place for some favorite group, board or card games (maybe under the coffee table), add a place for some entertaining/interesting magazines or books (not everything you own, just some fave's.), a couple very small side tables to place drinks...
November 21, 2012 at 6:42pm   
ejobb
Also an obvious issue is we are baby friendly right now, thus the bumpers on the coffee table and the swing. Definitely need the end tables but was waiting on the chair. The baby has put this project on hold and I can't really go shopping anymore so I'm looking online.
November 21, 2012 at 7:08pm   
bluegrassbassgal
I would hang a very large piece of art in this room.... Something with warmth and color....
November 21, 2012 at 7:44pm   
bluegrassbassgal
pinterest has some great ideas for creating unique art on a budget...
November 21, 2012 at 7:45pm   
More Discussions
Pink, grey, or white comforter.
My daughter has a grey platform bed. I'm making her...
Are pool fences required in your area? Should they be?
In researching it looks like guidelines exist, but...
Bathroom Walls
Hello everyone, I would like to ask what can of paint...
Jignesh
I need to help for repar my house perapit. kindly...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.