Help! Our kitchen desperately needs an update. Would appreciate any ideas to increase storage and counterspace. No room to expand and we like the paint colour (Evening Glow, Pittsburgh) but pretty much everything else can go. The pics are old, since then we've replaced the brown stove with a new SS one.
This year, we plan to:
1. reface or replace all the cabinetry- most likely replace. We're considering white (light and bright!) or wood with a pecan or honeyed stain (we love this look, but will it make the kitchen look smaller/darker?). Also, I'd love to have the upper cabinets all the way to the ceiling but will this make the room seem smaller?
2. replace the countertop- we've picked out a "Basalt-Slate" laminate that we love the look of and is budget-friendly. Yes, it's dark but it's the one thing that hubby and I completely love and agree on)
3. Replace the sink- seriously considering a single, with a larger bowl than either half of the double but a smaller footprint overall (more counterspace, especially between stove and sink where is is much needed!)
4. Install a dishwasher- SS of course, but do we put it to the immediate right of the sink, or at the end?
5. Replace the flooring. Loved this tile when it was installed, but no matter how much we reinforced the subfloor the grout continually cracks and pops out (we have regrouted more than once with different products, no luck). What to replace it with? We are considering vinyl (cheap, easy to clean), laminate tile (will moisture be a problem?), cork (again, concerned about moisture) or extend pine plank from living room?
I also need storage ideas for spices and pots and pans (I have a lots of them and I love to cook). As you can see there is limited wall space for racks!
PS, pics were taken during renos of adjoining room, we aren't usually this messy!