Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Paint and plaster question
lofitzgerald
March 4, 2012 in Photo Questions
I love your work!!! I am doing a santa barbara style spanish revival remodel in Orange County. I am trying to find a warm cream/off white paint color for my walls. Any tips on good colors? Also I am trying to find a good drywall/plaster contractor for my arch ways and fireplace remodel. Do you know any artistic contractors in So. Cal who will work down in Orange County. Love your work!!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Thank you so much for the compliments. Try Elmira White HC-84 or Soft Chamois OC-13, both by Benjamin Moore. Elmira is what I used here in this picture, it's perfect for Spanish houses. I'd be happy to help you with contractors. I know several and can help you figure out which one is best for your project. Please contact our office, we're close by in Pasadena. Many thanks again, I'm so glad you enjoyed viewing this project. There are a couple more Spanish projects on my profile that might give you some ideas, including one in the Santa Barbara area. You can follow me here... http://www.houzz.com/pro/cninteriors/__public
Charmean Neithart
0 Likes   March 4, 2012 at 12:46PM
tarzy
I love your work as well! I have a small Spanish style house in Glendale, quite modest, and I've been looking for the perfect interior paint color. I have some fairly colorful rugs and mostly dark furniture, and I'm quite excited about trying the Elmira White. Do you suggest using white in the bedrooms as well? (Our bedroom was a later addition, and doesn't have any of the Spanish character that the rest of the house does.)
0 Likes   July 18, 2012 at 5:01PM
PRO
Thank you. I have a very strong preference for white walls in a Spanish house, even in an added room. If your bedroom doesn't have any original character, you can add the character with furniture and art. If you are in Glendale, there is a fabulous store in Pasadena called De-Cor, here is their Houzz profile... http://www.houzz.com/pro/decorpasadena/decor
They have great pieces that work so well in a Spanish house. As far as the color, I think you will like Elmira White. Bring in bold color with textiles and your rugs. Let me know how it goes, and post some pictures if you can. Thanks again. Charmean Neithart
0 Likes   July 18, 2012 at 6:24PM
tarzy
Thanks so much for your response. It helps greatly. I know what I like and want, but I don't always know how to get there. Seeing your beautiful projects gives me wonderful inspiration! (De-Cor looks fabulous. I'll have to check it out.)
1 Like   July 19, 2012 at 4:13PM
Casa1220
Wow, this is exactly the look and feel I'm going for in my current renovation. I'm remodeling my grandparents 1938 Spanish Ranch style home and this white is perfect for the majority of the house. Only problem is the center of the house is a huge Spanish/Mediterranean style inside courtyard feel with plastered walls mimicking travertine. I want to paint the plaster a realistic color that still has that whitish feel but doesn't cheapen the look of a natural travertine. It's currently a yellowy beige that looks dingy due to age. Any suggestions on a light beige or stone color that would compliment the Elmira in the other rooms?
2 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:39PM
PRO
Hi Casa1220. Try Gentle Cream OC-96 by Benjamin Moore. I have used this color on the exterior of an old Spanish home with an interior courtyard as you have described. Assuming you have an old terracotta roof, this color looks beautiful with the roof tiles. It also has a touch of vanilla in it which contrasts nicely with various greens of landscape plants. I planted the coral bougainvillea all around this house, it's stunning. Hope that helps, let me know if you need further information. Thank you for your interest.
Charmean Neithart
0 Likes   November 14, 2012 at 6:25AM
More Discussions
1BR 28 sq.m. Condo
Hi everyone! This is my first investment, and I am...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
New wall color needed
This guest bathroom was renovated 3 years ago and I...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Canape for front door
my home was built in the early 1920's. The front door...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.