1. Soft, natural neutrals. This plush upholstered bed frame and hotel-style bedding beg for a long afternoon nap. Houzz readers saved this photo for its neutral palette, unique light fixture and extra-comfy furnishings.
2. Subtle femininity. Chocolate-brown walls give this room a cozy feel without making it too dark. The chandelier and classic furniture offer just the right feminine contrast.
3. Soothing in San Francisco. The soft taupe walls in this classic bedroom make for an especially inviting environment. Houzzers also noted the colors of the cozy bedding and the traditional trim.
4. Santa Barbara bunk house. A luxe take on typical summer-camp cabins, this spacious California bedroom's ability to sleep six made it worth saving on Houzz. Custom casework and library-style ladders help give the dorm-style layout a more grown-up look.
5. Bursts of orange. The orange accents in this bedroom are a bold departure from the neutral tones that were so popular in 2012. Playful but still sophisticated, it has bright colors and classic lines that make it a great inspiration for a tween or teen girl's room.
6. Glam style in neutral tones. A fluffy cloud-like carpet and touches of bling give this master bedroom a glamorous look Houzzers loved.
7. Mixing patterns in Minnesota. Mixing patterns can be a risk, but this bedroom does it right. Different patterns on the ceiling, wall and carpeting all tie together with a consistent brown hue. Houzz readers saved this photo as a great example of a bold style that still feels comfortable.
8. Simple, serene palette. Sometimes simplicity works best in the bedroom. A basic neutral palette in warm tones and a comfy window seat keep things cozy without overdoing it.
9. Cottage style with slanted ceilings. Houzzers had a thing for slanted ceilings in 2012, so it makes sense that this bedroom was a favorite. Contrasting colors and exposed beams draw attention to this fun feature, while glossy white paint helps reflect natural light throughout the space.
10. A Room with a view. Slanted ceilings may have been a draw in this bedroom, but Houzz users saved this room more for its big oval window and soft, soothing color palette.