Readers' Choice: The 10 Most Popular Bathrooms of 2012
Some commended the colors; others lauded the light. But whatever caught Houzzers' eyes, the features of these bathrooms were in demand
Each of 2012's favorite bathrooms offers something different to Houzzers. Some inspire organizational ideas, others present creative tiling techniques, while still others make use of color and natural light. Were you one of the Houzz readers who saved these bathrooms to an ideabook this year? Take a look — one of these stunning spaces might inspire you.
1. Open-concept shower in Washington state. Crisp tiles and a smart shower layout inspired Houzzers' own bathroom remodels. Houzz readers saved this photo for its open-concept shower, simple tub and mix of tile styles.
2. Sunlit Boston shower. While much more closed off than the previous shower, this shower's skylight and porthole window allow for plenty of light. A built-in seat and unique door shape made it worth saving for many Houzz readers.
3. Portland bathtub's towel storage. Open marble shelving to store towels at the end of this tub inspired new storage solutions in Houzzers' bathrooms.
4. Double vanity in Denver. Figuring out how to organize a double vanity can be hard, but Houzz readers found it a little easier thanks to this photo. Shared and individual storage allows for plenty of drawer space. Restoration Hardware mirrors cost less than custom but still have a high-end look.
5. Foggy blue Cape Cod bathroom. Not every homeowner wants an all-white bathroom, and Houzz readers loved that the blue walls and hardwood floors in this space provided contrast.
6. Open, modern California shower. This room's tall ceilings, natural light and contrasting dark hardwood floor caught Houzzers' eyes when they were browsing bathrooms this year. The clean lines of the shower and bath would work in any home.
7. Bright and playful Philadelphia bathroom. It's amazing what a little color can do. Splashes of citron on the sink and tub and a cheerful blue wall color completely update the traditional style of this bathroom.
8. Stunning tilework in San Francisco. Houzz readers loved the large-format tile in this bathroom. The visually striking tile grain draws the eyes along the stone-covered space.
9. Warm woodwork in Minnesota. Mixing up the tile size on this bathroom floor makes for an eye-catching design with only a single material. Houzzers also noted the rich wood cabinets and bathroom door when saving this photo to their ideabooks.
10. Contrasting neutrals in Ohio. Despite the neutral palette, this bathroom has several unique design features that Houzz readers wanted to keep on file. The dark trim around the ceiling, the tiled ceiling and a contrasting tile floor keep this bathroom visually interesting.
Ideabook published on Jan. 7, 2013.
People found the photos in this ideabook after searching for:
View over a million photos:
Find Local Pros by Category:
Architects & Designers · Interior Designers & Decorators · General Contractors · Home Media Design & Installation · Landscape Architects & Designers · Kitchen & Bath Designers · Design-build Firms · Closet & Home Storage Designers · Carpet and Flooring · Fireplaces · Tile, Stone & Countertops · Specialty Contractors · Landscape Contractors
Find Local Pros by Metro Area: