Readers' Choice: The 10 Most Popular Home Offices of 2012
Small-business owners, telecommuters and those just looking to be productive noted the hardworking features of these offices on Houzz
Whether you have a small corner, a blank wall or an entire room to work with, setting up a home office that works well for you takes some planning. In 2012, Houzzers went for spaces that kept things simple, saving these photos to their ideabooks more than any others of workspaces. See which home offices got the most attention and if there's an idea for practical built-ins or dual workspaces here for you.
1. Manhattan corner office. Any nook or corner space can become a great home office when you have the right tools. Houzzers loved the clean, white built-ins and the elegant powder-blue chair in this small home office.
2. Double duty in the San Francisco Bay Area. Creating a workspace for two can be tricky, but this extra-long countertop provides both parties with plenty of room. Grass cloth bulletin boards with metal initials on top even divide inspiration space.
3. Casual Rhode Island workspace. Sometimes a single wall is all the room a home office has. This open doorway provides some separation from the rest of the home, and off-white built-ins help to distinguish the space too.
4. Black and white split in Minnesota. This U-shape counter provides ample surface area in a home office for two. Houzz readers saved this photo for its simple black and white palette and the extra-deep shelving next to the windows.
5. Working in white in Illinois. Textured wallpaper provides a nice sense of contrast in this mostly white office, transitioning between the built-ins and the dark desktop.
6. Rich accents in North Carolina. If you're lucky enough to have a full room dedicated to your office, take advantage! The black back-painted shelves in this room show off beautiful book collections and tie in with the chandelier and café chairs.
7. Inspirational neutrals in Massachusetts. Houzzers loved the subtle statement this designer made with the neutral green zebra-print desk chair. The perfect bookcase styling also inspired users who saved this photo to their ideabooks.
8. Sliding barn door. A rustic sliding barn door reveals a quiet desk space in this country home. Rich wood paneling and a marble slab floor add a luxe touch.
9. Modern New York family office. This take on the two-person office presents each person with less individual workspace but saves room for a joint counter near the window. Houzz users saved this photo for its smart layout and the industrial open shelving.
10. Asian influence in Boca Raton. One of the boldest designs in the group, this Florida office combines open shelving and built-ins in a black display case. Houzzers especially loved the Asian accents.
More: Browse thousands of home offices of every size and style
Ideabook published on Jan. 11, 2013.
People found the photos in this ideabook after searching for:
View over a million photos:
Find Local Pros by Category:
Architects & Designers · Carpet and Flooring · Closet & Home Storage Designers · Design-build Firms · Fireplaces · General Contractors · Home Media Design & Installation · Interior Designers & Decorators · Kitchen & Bath Designers · Landscape Architects & Designers · Landscape Contractors · Specialty Contractors · Tile, Stone & Countertops
Find Local Pros by Metro Area: