1. Gray and white in Virginia. Crown molding contrasts with soft gray walls to visually open up this elegant basement. This refreshing space proves that basements don't have to be dark and dingy — a coat of paint can make all the difference.
4. Separate spaces in Massachusetts. A simple carpet divides up this open space by function. Houzz readers loved the wall trim and molding along the far wall — they help make this room feel like part of the rest of the house.
5. Barn door for a Washington bedroom. Your basement could be the perfect place for another bedroom. This stunning gray door and its hardware give this basement guest bedroom a unique and playful touch.
8. Contemporary New York bar. Slate, granite and dark cabinetry combine beautifully in this basement bar. Users noted the raised bartop and ample lighting when saving this photo to their ideabooks.
9. Soft colors in San Francisco. Subtle gray walls and furniture allow the bright bursts of color in this basement to really stand out. Houzzers loved the separate seating areas, which make entertaining large groups easy.